Sunday 10 February 2013

Making valentine's day cards

Hi Everybody,
It's Amaya.  When I came in from enjoying the snow, I found Sophia and Emma doing this:
I asked them what they were doing.
I joined them and we were using all these things to make valentine's day cards.  This is a new holiday for me because it isn't really celebrated the same way in Japan where girls give gifts (usually chocolate) to all their male friends and co-workers.  Children sometimes give gifts to each other.
Here are the ones we each made (we used oragami paper because I can't actually do origami even though I am half japanese)
Here are the cards we gave each other, I have the ones to mail to my sister in Japan.  I thought she might enjoy a card from me and the twins decided to make some for her too. 


When the twins were gathering supplies earlier, they stacked up almost all the duct tape we have.  We have plain silver and also candy corn pattern that isn't in this photo.  we didn't end up using any duct tape but I thought this was a great photo anyways so I included it.  The top of the stack isn't even in the photo, I think we might have enough duct tape now don't you?
That's all for now.
Amaya :)




No comments:

Post a Comment